Saturday, May 11, 2013

UL Lafayette has Arrived!

Well our plane has landed and everyone in our group made it here safe! The morning started off at 3:00 AM trying to get to the airport with the lovely storm in Lafayette. Thanks to my lovely mother for picking me up and bringing me and Peyton to the airport it was a lot less stressful! Of course I couldn't leave Lafayette without making a scene! After weighing my check in bag I put it off the scale and started bringing it to drop off. Well the 50 pound luggage bag decided not to move when I started walking and to no surprise I completely feel over my luggage and landed on the floor. But I just smiled even though I know that bruise on my left leg will be such a pretty sight tomorrow! 

While on the plane to Atlanta I sat next to a man that has traveled to Costa Rica and told me how beautiful the scenery is. We talked about Hawaii and how his favorite island is Kauai. Since Kauai is the only island I have ever visited I told him me too. He described Costa Rica like Hawaii just a lot more humid. This got me very excited about the trip and the amazing experience I am about to enjoy. 

After landing in Costa Rica I had the lovely experience of going through Customs. The guy that checked me in must have been having a bad day or really just doesn't like his job! He wasn't too thrilled I couldn't speak Spanish and must have not liked my hat very much. haha oh well! 

Fernando and Gabby the Costa Ricans that will be guiding us through our trip our two absolutely sweet people! They are very helpful and answered all of our questions, no matter how silly they were. On the bus ride to our hotel I must say I was shocked on the way bars cover many business doors and windows. The way the city is set up does make me feel that I am in a different country. The mountains are breathe taking and our view from our room is beautiful! Cannot wait for tomorrow! Below are just a few pictures, tomorrow I will take much more. 






1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you made it safely. Love the pictures and cannot wait to see more. Yes 3:00AM seems like forever ago. And by the way your fall over the luggage was very graceful.
    Dad and Scott cooked ribs tonight while listening to "Classic Country" featuring Keith Whitley. Evidently it was 24 years ago when he died. So when they played "tell Lori I love her, tell Lori I need her", of course I teared up thinking how I am missing you so very much and this is just a precursor of things to come when you are in Houston. Well have a blessed evening, say your prayers and sweet dreams. Till tomorrow.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete