Friday, May 10, 2013

Final Count Down for Costa Rica

Hola! The count down for Costa Rica is almost at an end because I leave bright and early tomorrow morning! Since November I have been waiting for this day to come so I can go on my first Study Abroad trip! How can this trip be anymore perfect? Our itinerary includes, white water rafting, chocolate factory tour, coffee plant tour, capital city tour, Salsa dancing, and much more! I also cannot wait to learn about the unique country and its sustainable development. For days I have had my suitcase open, throwing outfits in it here and there but today was officially packing day! After getting my hair done and running what seems like a million errands in the pouring rain I am now packed. Well....Almost! Still have to do a double (knowing me a triple) check to make sure everything is packed. Nerves are setting in and I think I have contacted my roommate Alex 10 times today. I'm excited to get to know the 15 other UL Lafayette students on our trip and cannot wait for the people back home to start enjoying all of the picture posting I am about to start doing! I expect to gain so much from this trip and words cannot express my excitement! Just a fun fact on Costa Rica: Costa Ricans refer to themselves as Ticos (males) or Ticas (females). This Tica is ready to board the plane! See you when I get back Louisiana! 

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! SOOOO exciting!!! Can't wait for you to post all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God speed and safe travels. So very excited about your travels abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad You Made It Safely......Hope To See You Soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete